Saturday, October 30, 2010

Napoli Coach Walter Mazzarri Defends Sampdoria Ace Antonio Cassano








Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri has offered his view on the unfolding drama at Sampdoria surrounding Antonio Cassano.

Cassano has been frozen out of the team and faces the boot after Sampdoria applied to the Lega Serie A's college of arbitration for the recission of his contract on Saturday.

Mazzarri cannot understand why Cassano retaliated against the club.

"I am sorry for this situation, when we won in Genoa he came to congrtulate us. Myself and my staff took him back to his best levels," Mazzarri told Il Corriere dello Sport.
"I my time there nothing had ever happened. He was always a starter with me and he was never in any discussion.

"However, there were some minor blips that we managed to overcome."

Sky Sport Italia
claim Cassano will not be able to play for Italy while he awaits action from the arbitration panel.



No comments:

Post a Comment